I know the title makes it sound like something you would only order in a restaurant, but I promise you this fantastic dish is super easy to make at home and it can be on the plate in less than 45 minutes. I use fillet steak when making this recipe, although you can use another cut if you prefer. You can also substitute the lobster tail for prawns if you want to keep the cost lower, it will still taste amazing!
If you have any left over chimichurri sauce it keeps well in the fridge for about a week.
♨ Surf & Turf with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
For the Surf n Turf
- 2 thick cut fillet steaks (about 3 inches thick)
- 1 lobster tail
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- a sprinkle of parsley
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cup wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar also works well)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- large pinch of salt
- Start by making the chimichurri. Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and use your hand blender to pulse them together until everything is finely chopped and well combined. If you don’t have a hand blender you can just finely chop and mix everything by hand. Leave to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and ensure that the steaks are at room temperature and not just out the fridge.
- Season all sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Place a griddle pan or frying pan on a high heat and allow it to get really hot. Lay the steaks in the hot pan and allow them to cook for 4 minutes each side.
- While they are cooking use this time to prepare the lobster tail. Using the sharpest knife you have to cut the tail in half right down the center. Stand the two halves in an oven dish, flesh side up. Spread the garlic, butter and parsley over the flesh.
- Transfer the steaks to a separate oven dish and place in the oven for 10 minutes, this will give you medium cooked steaks (add 5 minutes for medium well.)
- When the steaks have been in the oven for 5 minutes cover the lobster with tin foil and add them to the oven for 12 minutes.
- Place everything up, sit back and enjoy. 😋
I normally serve the chimicurri in a small side dish, as this allows people to add as much or as little as they like, but feel free to add it directly on to the plate when you’re dishing up.
Shop your ingredients online ► www.geantonline.ae