There is something really comforting about strawberry jam, I enjoy it most spread onto hot buttered toast, but it can be used alongside a dish however you choose.
♨ Super Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Cut the leaves from the strawberries and cut the fruit into quarters. Drop into the saucepan and pour the caster sugar over the top.
- Place onto a high heat hob and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce to a medium heat and allow to simmer and reduce for an hour stirring occasionally (do not put a lid on the pan).
- The jam should have reduced by about 1 third and feel a little thicker, if it hasn’t, allow it to simmer a little longer.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the lemon juice, stir well and pour into a sealable jar(s).
- The jam will thicken and set as it cools. Leave the jar(s) to cool completely before placing in the fridge.
- Let the jam to set overnight and spread on hot toast for breakfast the next day.
Enjoy soft, spreadable and delicious strawberry jam this summer. 😋
Shop your ingredients online ► www.geantonline.ae