This salad is great as you can make a large portion and it keeps well in a jar in the fridge for a couple of days, so you can have it with several meals, It works best with chicken or salmon but it goes well with most protein.
Summer Salsa and Grilled Chicken
For the Salsa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of tinned or fresh (cooked) sweetcorn
- 1/2 a medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 a chilli (add more or less depending on how much heat you like)
- 2 large lettuce leaves
For the Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat a griddle pan or your grill to medium.
- Rub the garlic over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear when you prick it with a knife and the flesh is white with no pink. Allow to rest on a plate while you prepare the salad.
- For the salad, cut the tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl, add the corn, onion, garlic and chilli. Finely chop the cilantro, pour over the lime juice and stir well to coat everything.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and pile the salad on top. Add the chicken breasts to the plate and serve.