Tired of thinking what to make for today’s Iftar ? Well try out this ” Roz bil halib ” for your Ramadan Iftar Dessert special. Roz bil halib is a Middle Eastern rice pudding style dessert that is so easy to make. This dessert recipe is filled with flavors and is so refreshing
1/3 cup short grain rice, washed and drained.
1 1/2 cup water.
3 1/2 cups fat free milk.
9 Tablespoons low-fat dry milk.
5-6 Tablespoons qaimar.
7 1/2 Tablespoons sugar.
6 Tablespoons corn starch.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1 Tablespoon rose water.
Pinch of salt.
1) Bring 1 1/2 cup of water to a boil, then add the rice+ salt and lower the heat. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
2) In medium pan combine milk+ dry milk+ sugar+ corn starch, stir in cooked rice, stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
3) Remove from heat and then stir in vanilla extract+ rose water and qaimar.
4) Pour into small glass bowls. Place in the fridge to chill them.
* Chopped pistachio.
* 2 Tablespoons khoshaf
* 2 Tablespoons smooth mango pulp.
You can garnish this yummy delight with pistachios, coconut and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Place in the refrigerator when it cools and chill for at least 3 hours before serving
Recipe Courtesy : http://arabicbites.blogspot.ae/