This Healthy Pumpkin, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup that is absolutely jam-
♨ Pumpkin, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegetable stock (homemade or shop brought is fine but watch the sodium some are very high)
- 1/2 a small butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 cup of carrots
- Small red onion
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato
- Whole clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of chopped Sage
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the head from the bulb of garlic but do not peel it and then place it in an oven proof dish with a dash of olive oil and a small pinch of salt. Bake it for approximately 25 min or until soft and golden.
- Whilst that is baking finely dice the onion and soften with the sage and paprika (but do not brown) in a frying pan with a small knob of butter.
- Peel and cube the rest of the vegetables and place in a sauce pan with enough stock to cover and bring to a simmer. Add the onions and continue to simmer until all the vegetables are lovely and soft.
- Once done remove from the heat and drain, ensuring you keep the stock as this will be re-added shortly.
- Place the vegetables into a blender or if your using a hand blender, into a saucepan or bowl. Remove the garlic from the skin, it should slide out easily, and add to the vegetables to taste, Use about half a bulb (less if you like).
- Add about 1/2 the stock to the blender with the vegetables and blend, check the texture and gradually add more stock until you have reached the desired consistency (some like it thicker than others.)
🍲 And you’re done, rich, flavourful soup to brighten any holiday meal.
To serve place in deep white bowl with some freshly ground black pepper, to really showcase that gorgeous colour and accompany with a thick slice of fresh seeded or wholemeal bread for dipping.