Family Favourite Lasagna
- 350g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 heaped teaspoon pesto
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 glass red wine (Optional)
- 175g lasagna sheets
For the white sauce:
- 425ml milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 25g flour
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the white sauce, melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the flour, stir to create a paste. Add the milk and stir constantly until all lumps are removed (use a hand whisk if needed), bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagna sheets end with the sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Shop your ingredients online ► www.geantonline.ae