Well it’s that time of the year when Kids will start learning their lessons and will spend more time with their friends then at home. Yes, it’s Back To School Time, that means the morning rush to get kids out the door and on their way to back to school. It’s a busy time for families with school going children and times to think what to prepare for your little ones daily for lunch so that they can sustain the really long school day. School Lunches can become a little boring at times to make for kids.
Here are some easy ideas for better lunch bags which can help you to be organized and creative while preparing budget friendly lunches for your children. Finding new ways to make lunch can be much easier with these tips.
- Don’t forget to add eggs. Eggs aren’t just for starting your day with breakfast. They are a phenomenal source of amino acids and protein, antioxidants and choline.
- Fill hard-boiled eggs with tuna salad for an easy and convenient protein-powered meal.
- Chill leftover scrambled or fried eggs from breakfast and use them to make a sandwich.
- Take a break from meat once a week and replace it with plant based protein rich food. The protein and fiber will fill you up.
- Whole wheat pita stuffed with vegetarian refried beans, salsa, lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese and apple slices with peanut butter.
- A peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread a piece of fresh fruit and low fat yogurt.
- To cut down on too much of carbohydrate intakes avoid bread from your daily meal and instead use vegetable substitutes.
- Layer one slice of organic turkey on long slices of cucumber. Roll, and then dip in your favorite vinaigrette or you can use lettuce leafs as bread to wrap.
- Eating fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors gives your child a mix of nutrients.
- Pack the lung bag with red, blue and yellow one day and something orange, green and purple the other day. Try to get creative and pick fruits other than banana or apple pick the ones that your child didn’t have before.
- Tell your kids to list their favorite foods from these four groups i.e. fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins and incorporate at least one of your child’s favorite foods while preparing the lunch bag.
- Next time when you prepare a lunch bag try to give it a theme like Indian, Arabic or Italian. Putting together themed lunches is another way to make lunch fun.
- Try making lunches interesting for your children by using cookie cutters to create fun based food bites. Use cookie cutter to cut fruits and vegetables into fun and interesting shapes so that they are not bored seeing same old fashion lunches.
- If your kids are snack lovers then add some healthy options in their bag like multi grain biscuits, oats and nuts.
Mix and match different healthy food ideas for endless lunch packing combinations. Get your children involved in the process of creating lunch menus and their lunch so that you end up with lunch recipes that your little ones will like to eat. Taking ten minutes to pack a balanced meal a night before will save your money rather than letting them eat pricey high calorie lunch at a fast food restaurant. Hope you like these easy ideas for better bag lunches. Keep Experimenting!