The Holiday Countdown has begun and Christmas is round the corner so this time we bring you Cranberry and Balsamic Glazed Whole Duck stuffed with festive spirit and it’s a gorgeous change to Christmas turkey.
Cranberry and Balsamic Glazed Whole Duck
- 1 whole duck (if using frozen, always defrost thoroughly before cooking)
- 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Trim any excess fat from the duck. Take a sharp knife and score the fat over the breast, being very careful not to go all the way through to the meat.
- In a bowl combine the cranberry and balsamic using a fork. Pour over the duck, ensuring you cover it call over with the sauce.
- If you have a baking tray with a wire rack, use this and place the duck on the rack. If you don’t, take a regular baking tray, get some tin foil and role it into 6 balls, place them in the tray and rest the duck on top of the foil balls. This stops the duck from cooking in its own fat and becoming greasy.
- Roast at 150 degrees for 4 hours then increase the temperature to 200 degrees and cook for a further 30 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to carving.
It’s the delicious meal for a special occasion and would work really well for a holiday dinner.