This is a basic truffle recipe; however, you can easily create different flavours by adding, citrus zest, nuts, flavoured essences or even a little coffee. The flavour choices really are endless. Be creative with the packaging you use to make this a beautiful gift.
- 1 cup of thick cream
- 1.5 cups of chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, chopped pistachios, desecrated coconut or chocolate sprinkles (for dusting the truffles)
- Flavourings of your choice
- Put the chopped dark chocolate into a medium mixing bowl
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil, immediately pour over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted and combined with the cream
- Place the mixture in the fridge for around 2 hours until firm enough to roll
- Once chilled use a tablespoon to divide the mixture and roll between your hands to form balls about 1 inch in size
- Pour your chosen dusting onto a plate and roll each truffle onto the plate to fully coat each truffle
- Place the truffles into extra small paper holders(they look like tiny cupcakes holders) and refrigerate for another hour before arranging into a pretty box or jar ready for gifting
Pop a lable on there with the flavours and telling the recipient to keep refrigerated. These truffles will keep for a week in the fridge.