Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
For the spicy chicken:
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g skinless breast fillets
- 4 peppers (red, green, yellow and orange),washed
- ¼ tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, washed and quartered
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 320g pack flour tortillas, warmed as per packet instructions
- Make the marinade for the chicken by grating the lime zest into a shallow bowl. Cut the limes in half. Squeeze the juice from 3 halves into the bowl. Add the cayenne pepper and olive oil. Mix well and add the chicken. Leave for at least 15 minutes to infuse.
- Cut the peppers into thin slices and place in a mixing bowl. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Add to the peppers, with garlic and oil and mix. Leave until ready to cook.
- To make the guacamole first cut the avocados in half. Remove the stones and scoop out the flesh. Gently mash with a fork to make a lumpy purée. Stir in the garlic with the lemon juice. Stir the cherry tomatoes into the guacamole.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally until the pieces are cooked through normally about 6 minutes (there should be no trace of pink flesh). Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir-fry the pepper mix for 2 minutes until it is lightly coloured but still crunchy.
- Wrap the chicken, guacamole and peppers in the warm tortillas and enjoy.
This recipe is perfect for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner. Enjoy! 😋